Friday, June 1, 2012

Day Ten: Ten days of Persian Influence



The way of love is not
a subtle argument.

The door there
is devastation.

Birds make great sky-circles
of their freedom.
How do they learn it?

They fall, and falling,
they're given wings.

~ Rumi

This little poem gives me hope.  I gave up lots to pursue a dream. Right now it feels like I might fail.  Like it is not going quite as planned.  It also reminds me of the beautiful image offered in the first stanza of the  Emily Dickinson poem, Hope:
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,

Feathers and wings,  singing and falling to fly,  I will go on doing what I love.  Doing, making,  not judging, believing...hoping

1 comment:

Sarah @ Chantille Fleur said...

What a beautiful photo!
And a lovely post.
Sarah xo
PS thanks for joining my blog ♥