Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fast and Delicious! - Chickpea, mushroom and spinach curry


I made this for tea the other night and it was sooo good I thought I'd share it with you.
The quantity is for 2 people.
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic paste
200 g mushrooms
1 heaped Tablespoon of Pataks mild Korma Curry Paste (add more for a stronger curry taste or use a hotter curry paste if you like hot curry - I'm a wimp when it comes to hot and spicy)
400g can diced tomatoes
400g tinned chickpeas
100g of spinach (I used baby spinach leaves)
1/2 a cauliflower head
1 Tablespoon olive oil

1. heat the olive oil in a non stick frypan. Add onions and minced garlic paste. Stir until onions soften. Add curry paste and stir until onions are coated.
2. Add tinned tomatoes, chickpeas and sliced mushrooms. Simmer for 10 minutes
3. wash cauliflower head, break into flowerets.  Cook on high in microwave for 5 minutes. Use a hand held blender to pulverize - until the cauliflower looks like rice. I use this cauliflower rice instead of rice all the time now.  It's delic.
4. Add spinach and stir through. Cook for just a couple of minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
5. Make a ring of cauliflower on serving plate.  Serve the chickpea mixture in the centre of the cauliflower and Bon Appetit!

I am using veggies instead on carbohydrates when I can these days.  Last week I made a vegetarian lasagne - using up all the left over veggies in the fridge for the tomato sauce part but then used sliced zucchini instead of lasagne sheets.  That worked well.

No comments: